Monday, July 30, 2018

The son of a Colorado Springs woman will receive the Medal of Honor next month, becoming the first airman to receive the nation’s highest award for valor since the Vietnam War, the White House announced Friday.
The medal will be awarded posthumously to his widow, Valerie Nessel, on Aug. 22 by President Donald Trump at the White House.
“I was beginning to think it was not ever going to happen,” Terry Chapman said Friday after learning from special operations officials that the White House had announced the award to her son, Tech Sgt. John A. Chapman. “I’m glad that the story’s finally out.”
Chapman, 36, died March 4, 2002, during a firefight with al-Qaida fighters on Takur Ghar Mountain, Afghanistan.

(for more details go to GAZETTE.COM)

1 comment:

Barbara said...

It just occur to me that I have not done the right thing since when my husband came back to me, I am on this blog to give thanks to whom it deserve, Some couples of weeks ago my life was in a terrible shape because my husband left me and I never believe that I was going to get him back, But through the help of this powerful spell caster called Dr.Ekpen my life is now in a joyful mood, I must recommend the services of Dr.Ekpen to anyone out there that they should contact Dr.Ekpen through these details below: ( ekpentemple@gmail.com ) or whatsapp +2347050270218 because through Dr.Ekpen assistance my marriage was restored.